Posted: 05-Jan-2011 [Source: Sprint]
[Sprint announces new 4G HTC EVO handset. Here are the details.]CES -- HTC EVO Shift angle viewHTC EVO Shift 4G follows in the footsteps of the award-winning HTC EVO™ 4G bringing customers an attractive, streamlined design with the addition of a sliding QWERTY keyboard and an astonishing list of features. Beyond the latest version of the highly acclaimed HTC Sense user experience, HTC EVO Shift also boasts the power of 4G, Android™ 2.2, a 5MP camera/720p HD camcorder and a 3.6-inch capacitive touchscreen display with pinch-to-zoom capability. HTC EVO Shift’s custom Web browser is optimized for convenient mobile use with functions like pinch-to-zoom and automatically reflowing text, while Sprint 4G speeds deliver a full, no-compromise Internet experience. Adobe Flash technology ensures that rich Internet content, such as embedded video and animation, are displayed the way they are meant to be seen. The slide out full QWERTY keyboard makes staying in touch with friends and family through messaging and social networking quick and easy. With built-in mobile hotspot functionality, HTC EVO Shift 4G also allows up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices, including a laptop, camera, music player, video player and any other Wi-Fi-enabled device, to enjoy the benefits of 3G/4G speeds on the go.PRODUCTIVITY
· 3G/4G capability.
· 3.6” capacitive display with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback.
· World-class HTML browser – quality that rivals that of netbooks.
· Android 2.2, with access to more than 100,000 apps on Android Market.
· Simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, enabling Web surfing and more while talking.
· GoogleTM mobile services including Google SearchTM, Google MapsTM, Google TalkTM, GmailTM, YouTubeTM , and syncs with Google CalendarTM.
· Access to Google Goggles™ to search with pictures instead of words.
· Updated HTC Sense, highly acclaimed user experience, which includes FriendStream™ to integrate Facebook, Twitter and more into a single flow of updates.
· Visual voicemail.
· Messaging – personal and business email, IM and text messaging.
· 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability – connects up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices.
· 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps.
· 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – peak download speeds of 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds between 600 kbps and 1.4 Mbps.
· 5MP autofocus camera and 720p HD camcorder.
· High-quality video streaming and downloads at 3G and 4G data speeds.
· Capture and share HD-quality video (720p) from your phone.
· Media player with 3.5mm stereo headset jack.
· FM radio and Amazon MP3 store.
· Amazon Kindle – an e-Reader in the palm of your hands, with you everywhere you go!
· Sprint applications including Sprint TV® and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM.
· Stereo Bluetooth® 2.1.
· Built-in WiFi®: 802.11 b/g/n.
· Digital compass, G-Sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor, GPS.
· Expandable memory: 2GB microSD card included; supports up to 32GB.
· Qualcomm® MSM7630 (800 MHz) processor.
· Dimensions: 4.6" x 2.3" x .6" (LxWxT).
· Weight: 5.9 ounces.
· Main display: 3.6” WVGA (800x480) 65K colors.
· Battery life: 6 hours of talk time*.
· Standard removable 1500mAh Lithium (Li-on) battery.
· Memory: 2GB ROM, 512MB RAM.
*Time may vary depending on 3G/4G coverage and usage.